Museum Storage Complex Reconstruction, Riga
The building of the Latvian National Museum of Art is one of the most representative in the Park and Boulevard Circle area of Riga. It was designed by the museum’s first director, the Baltic German architect and art historian Wilhelm Neumann (1849–1919) and built in 1905. Latvian National Museum of Art is the first building that has been built specially for the museum’s needs in the Baltics. The structure, as well as the parameters of the exhibition rooms, corresponded to the required standard for an art museum in that period of time. The building is an architectural landmark of national significance.